Thursday, September 23, 2010

Going out, wearing jeans, and 'wanna dress it up a little? How about a lacy scarf?


Okay, I'm going out with my significant other for dinner, it's a nice cool fall evening, and I want to dress up a casual pair of jeans and a blouse … bling is not the answer.  I have made tons of scarves, but most are the wintery, keep warm variety.

So I poked around, grabbed about 400 yards of dressy lace weight yarn and a pair of US 5s and put together the Ella Lace Scarf.  This is not your first or second scarf ladies … the pattern combines garter stitch with a beautiful lace pattern … probably for the experienced knitter.  It's a perfect project for early fall when the weather may still be warm, and you are looking forward to cool fall evenings.

The pattern and the 50% wool/ 50% silk yarn is in my newest kit … in 4 lacy fall colors! … Take a look at the Ella Lace Scarf Kit and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment