I Love Yarn Day is this Friday! Ok, so I love yarn everyday, but the Craft Yarn Council invites all yarn lovers to unite on the second Friday of each October (that's October 11th this year) to celebrate our love of yarn!
|Vail Hand Dyed in Pink|
Vail is a wonderfully luxurious alpaca and bamboo blend in natural, undyed colors. The bamboo gives it a bit of luster and drape, while the alpaca gives it buttery softness. Vail Hand Dyed is the same awesome yarn dyed in rich, vibrant colors and only available for a limited time. Both yarns are perfect for shawls, scarfs and other accessories! Bonus: we are also going to give you a free copy of the Classic Elite Ashland Scarf pattern with the purchase of Vail Hand Dyed yarn on Friday!
More suggestions for enjoying this important holiday:
- Spread the Word.
- Wear a knitted or crocheted item. Of course you have plenty, but if you want to celebrate the occasion with a new accessory try the one-skein quick-knit Horseshoe Cable Wristlet, knit with Mountain Color Yarn's Alpaca Blend.
- Teach someone to knit or crochet. Start with the I Can Learn to Knit Kit or the I Can Learn to Crochet Kit. Each cute bag comes with needles or a hook, a simple how-to book, and yarn.
- Gift a Ball of Yarn. Give yarn to someone else, or to yourself!
- Knit for Charity. Knit an afghan square for Warm Up America, or knit a teddy bear sweater for Precious Pals.
- Learn a New Skill. Building Blocks by Michelle Hunter has 12 patterns featuring 12 fun techniques to tackle. Bonus: Save 20% on Simpliworsted yarn!