|The Curiously Foldable Tetra!|
Hi Everyone! When we first saw the Tetra blanket designed by Jolie Elder, our reaction was “a blanket . . . . Yawn!” But when we looked at the pattern we discovered an incredibly interesting design technique ... obviously more than your grandma’s afghan!
The Tetra Stadium Blanket is a convertible, curiously foldable blanket that can take on many shapes. It is constructed by knitting four blocks with two colors that are then folded and seamed. The finished blanket can then be folded in a number of different ways, creating unique two-color geometric patterns. You can even fold the blanket into a pouch to carry your supplies to the stadium! There are several ways to fold and use the Tetra Stadium Blanket:
|Folded into a stadium cushion.|
- As a flat blanket, the Tetra is double-thickness with a pinwheel pattern. This is good for draping over legs.
- Grab it in the center, and the Tetra will self-fold into a square striped four-layer pad, useful for making a warmer and more comfortable seat.
- Push one corner up inside the opposite corner, and the Tetra becomes a large triangular pocket or sling, good for hauling pompoms, victory foam fingers, or treats.
- Lay the triangle flat, and fold the two acute corners to meet at the right-angle corner. This produces an 8 layer cushion, perfect for when the game goes into overtime or extra innings.
- Push one edge up inside the opposite edge (two corners inside two corners), and the Tetra becomes a rectangular four-layer pad, useful for two people.
- Finally, challenge bored family members to find new ways to fold the blanket. The loser has to make a trip to the concession stand!
|20% Off all Simplicity Yarn!|
Each blanket uses two colors of Skacel’s Simplicity yarn, 8 skeins each ... the DK weight yarn is a soft 55% superwash wool/28% acrylic/17% nylon blend and is machine washable. Shop from over 60 colors of this versatile yarn ... or choose one of our pre-packaged Tetra Stadium Blanket Kits. We all “huddled” around and decided on eight popular color combinations ... either way, the Simplicity yarn is on-sale at 20% off, so the project cost is about $94.
Word Geek Alert: So what does the word "tetra" mean? The name comes from the Greek word meaning a combination of four. Appropriately named, you'll knit four squares and attach them in four different directions.
Bonus: Free Shipping, and if we ship to an address outside of Illinois, no sales tax!
Another Bonus: Whether you get the kit or choose your own colors, all Simplicity yarn is 20% off!
P.S. Check out Jolie Elder's Serpentine Scarf pattern too!