Friday, February 22, 2013

The Pattern is Free, the Yarn is on Sale - And You can Win a Prize!

The Light Flurries Scarf
Today a massive snow storm is bearing down on the Midwest.  The snow is piling up inch by inch.  This storm is certainly NOT light flurries, but what a great time to mention "Light Flurries," my new FREE scarf pattern published by Classic Elite!

The Light Flurries scarf is soft, drapey and feminine.  The pattern features "nupps" or "bobbles," which add depth to the lace work.  The scarf is started with a provisional cast-on and worked from the center out, which allows for the pretty scalloped edge.  Never done a provisional cast-on?  No problem, Classic Elite has great written instructions with photos, and Michelle Hunter has a video tutorial

The Light Flurries scarf is knit with Classic Elite's soft Vail yarn.  Vail is a 70% Baby Alpaca and 30% Bamboo Viscose blend in natural, undyed colors. The bamboo gives it a bit of luster and drape, the alpaca provides the buttery soft feel, and the subdued natural colors make the lace work stand out.  You will need two skeins (472 yards) of Vail for the Light Flurries Scarf.  We have seven natural colors in stock - and they are all on sale at 20% off!

The Light Flurries Scarf's gorgeous scalloped edge.
You will need a pair of Size US 4 needles ... you can use either straights or circular needles. I prefer the addi Turbo 24” circulars (very fast!). You will also need a Size “F”crochet hook for the provisional cast-on.

You can post your pictures, share your thoughts, and ask questions about my “Light Flurries Scarf” pattern in my FiberWild Ravelry Group!


Bonus:  Do you like prizes?  Scout wants to hear your opinion!  Everyone who comments on this blog post before Thursday, February 28th at 5 pm (Galena, Illinois time) has a chance to win two skeins of Vail in Parchment.  Comment on anything:  What do you think about the Light Flurries scarf?  How long have you been knitting?  What are your favorite needles?  Do you prefer cats or dogs?  (You already know Scout's opinion on that one!)

Scout the Cat
Scout will randomly select a winner on Friday, March 1st and the winner's first name and location will be announced on this blog.  The winner will then have five days to contact us by phone or e-mail to let us know your mailing address so we can send out your big prize!

Enjoy the Light Flurries scarf.  Scout and I are looking forward to your comments!

Happy Knitting . . . . . Amy

Vail in seven all natural, undyed colors - and it's 20% off!

12 comments:

bd9ec886-7dc0-11e2-abe7-000bcdcb2996 said...

Thank you Scout for the chance to win a prize, But I am thinking this is a double prize because the you have already offered that beautiful lace scarf pattern! Good Luck to all that comment for the chance to win.

Suzy the Sheperdess said...

Cats rule, dogs drool! Rock on, Scout!

Valerie Evangelista said...

The Light Flurries scarf is beautiful! Scout should model it for us! :)

Anonymous said...

Cats, of course - ! The lace scarf is lovely and it would be amazing to win the yarn, as well.

Deena said...

That's it, that's the scarf! I've been searching for the perfect pattern for a scarf and this is it! Woo Hoo!

Thala said...

Love my ChiaoGoos.
Dogs rock.
That is all.

Anonymous said...

Nice to know that Scout is more than a pretty face! Of course, cats are my favorite...but I will admit to having loved my share of canine creatures, too! (Note to Scout: this snow is really coming down in the Q-C, so make sure your humans stay safe!!!)

Reecie said...

How can anyone not like cats? Look at how cute Scout is, he looks a little like my Oliver :)

P.S. I love the scarf pattern!

Savannagal said...

I have had cats my whole life, though as a small child my family had its share of dogs too. I really like the new Light Flurries Scarf pattern. It reminds me of Lily of the Valley stole, which I also adore. I hope to make the pattern soon, and when I do I'll use my ChiaGoo circs. I started out with Addi's, but ChiaGoo's are just a nice at half the price. Oohh, I'm a poet.

Yasyn Lee said...

Still haven't started the swirl coat, but the scarf pattern is wonderful too. Do you sell time?

MrsLibby said...

I know I'm past the deadline however I wanted to let you know how glad I am I found you. I don't have a lot of time to visit local shops and your online shop is the best I have found. Thank you!

FiberWild said...

Congratulations Valerie! You're the winner of 2 skeins of Vail yarn in Parchment. Give us a call or drop us a note to claim your prize!

Post a Comment