|Chevron Trim Top by Helene Rush|
Knit One Crochet Too's yarns are selected from around the globe and feature luxury fibers along with everyday staple yarns. Each spring and fall Knit One Crochet Too launches two or three new yarns, along with patterns and kits to compliment the yarn. FiberWild! features about 20 different yarn brands from Knit One Crochet Too's collection.
So how large is this company? Just how many employees does it take to make this yarn powerhouse a success? Just five. Yup, just five. Helene Rush herself, plus two women (one fiber artist and one shipping manager) and Helene's two sons. I enjoy working with all of our yarn suppliers, but it is especially fun to do business with a woman-owned company that is small but known throughout the world!
To celebrate this remarkable company, we have put all of our Knit One Crochet Too yarns and patterns on sale at 20% off! So what are some of my favorite Knit One Crochet Too yarns? Well, I'm glad you asked . . . .
|2nd Time Cotton in Avocado|
- 2nd Time Cotton is a fabulous green yarn. Well, it's not only green, it comes in 11 different colors (although the Avocado Green color is quite pretty). It is a blend of cotton and acrylic recycled from the garment industry. It's very soft and easy, as comfy as an old t-shirt, and an excellent yarn for your summer garment knitting!
- "Thou Shall Not Covet," but you can make an exception for Covet yarn! Alpaca is a super-soft fiber anyway, but using the finest micron fiber from baby alpaca is like knitting a cloud! Covet knits into a luxurious fabric great for cozy mittens or a snugly cowl that everyone will covet! Available in 10 cloud-like pastels.
- A "cria" is a baby alpaca, and Cria Lace yarn has all the softness of baby alpaca plus Tencel to give it strength, drape and a little sheen. Available in over 20 bold colors, use one strand to make lacy shawls and scarves, or two strands for soft sweaters.
- Ty-Dy Socks is a multi colored, super fine, self striping wool blend in 11 great color blends. But why hide such great yarn below your ankles? In addition to socks, use it for terrific, bold, attention-grabbing lace.
- Kettle Tweed is a wool, llama and bamboo blend with a subtle sheen and tweedy flecks - then kettle-dyed by hand for unique, one-of-a-kind color. Create a shawl with personality or unique socks!
|Ty-Dy Socks in Tropicale|
Happy Knitting . . . . Amy