|CAL in the Pastel Colorway|
You have four projects to choose from: a baby blanket, a V-shaped shawl, a rectangular scarf, and a decorative cushion ... you choose!
The CAL features Rowan's new Summerlite 4 Ply 100% cotton yarn, a soft, beautifully spun 100% cotton with a matte finish. It's machine-washable, so the yarn is ideal for all kinds of projects: child and adult garments, accessories, home decor, and more. Summerlite 4 Ply is available in twelve colors, and Lisa has crafted three colorways to choose from for the CAL - or you can pick your own! Bonus: The yarn is on sale at 20% off!
So what will the completed projects look like? We don't know - that's the fun part of a mystery Crochet Along! Lisa Richardson is often complimented on her "out of the box" designs, and this one is out of the box and into the hexagon! For this CAL, all four mystery projects are designed using hexagonal motifs of various crochet stitches and color combinations. Each week the pattern for one of the seven hexagonal motifs will be revealed, starting on Wednesday, March 25th. The final projects are created by piecing the hexagons together in different ways.
What will you need?
Yarn - You'll need yarn! Lisa has crafted three colorways:
- Pastel Colorway - Featuring medium pastels, this one is perfect for baby - not too pale, not too dark. The colors blend so well together you'll keep using it long after the baby has grown up!
- Vibrant Colorway - Featuring bright, contrasting summer tones - rosy pink and a medium marine denim shade contrasted with medium gray and aubergine. Certain to be a show stopper over a summer white dress!
- Blues Colorway - You won't be singing the blues with the navy augmented by a pale gray and deep olive - perfect for either fashion or home decor!
- Pick your own! Summerlite 4 Ply has 12 rich solids to choose from. Pick your four favorites and create your own special blend.
- Go solid. Crochet the entire project in a single color for a classic look.
Notions - You'll also need a tapestry needle and some pins.
If you are doing the Cushion Project you will need a hexagonal cushion pad measuring 18″ from center of one side to center of opposite side. If you're unable to find a hexagonal cushion pad, mark out the appropriate size hexagon onto a circular cushion pad and sew along this new outline, trimming away the excess to create a hexagonal cushion pad.
When do we start? Clues will be posted on Rowan's website. To access the clues, you must register and login to their site. Registering is free. The first clue will be posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 and additional clues are about two weeks apart. The final wrap up is on Monday, June 29th.
Grab your crochet hooks - and get ready to start! Happy Crocheting. . . . Amy